O Barren ... Rejoice for you have many children! (Isaiah 54:1)



After 2 years, we had meaningful fellowship with our families and relatives in Kullu and Chamba, Himachal Pradesh during our biennial leave (19th March 24th April 2019). We also had privilege to have fellowship with believers at Shalwar, Kullu, Raison and Katrain; and shared the Word in Sundays. Especially we rejoiced in the Lord seeing the growth in Raison Fellowship, which God enabled us to conduct first Sunday Service on 14th August,  2014. 



“Sing, O Barren one who did not bear, break forth into singing and cry aloud, you have not been in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more that the children of her who is married, “Says the Lord,” (Isaiah 54:1)When I stood to share the Word in Raison Fellowship on 25th March, 2019, God spoke me through Isaiah 54:1. All memories were flashed back. We were considered like a barren women while we were in Raison. We went door to door in Benchi, Raison, Chhattenseri, Shirarh and upper mountain areas distributing NTs and tracts. One day I was caught by a young man who is member of VHP in Shirarh village. He threaten me; wanted to beat me, but when he came to know that I have married with local girl (relatives of my wife, Reena also live in Shirarh), he became curious to know that how did I became Christian. I shared my testimony and he protected me from villagers, but warned me not to preach in the village. I came back to home with broken heart pondering that how these people would know the Lord. In the passage of time, God began to work in the lives, Ramesh Thakur believed the Lord as he saw her sister-in-law was healed from chronic sickness in the response of prayer. But due to the pressure from family and society, he backslidden. Mr. Raj Kumar Kashyap and family also believed the Lord (although once they were ready to be baptized, but we told them to wait for some time), but hesitate to confess publically. Still they ask for prayer. Mr. Veer Singh & Family came in the Lord, but faced lot of pressure from family and went back. His wife and daughter often come in fellowship and ask for prayer. In between Mr. Anurag Thakur and Sapana joined the fellowship; and others. Later Mr. Rajender & family came in the Lord and this family started to attend Sunday service regularly. Mrs. Rajani also joined the fellowship after healed from ailment related to ear. Thus the fellowship began to emerge and finally barren have to rejoice for the children.   

We have no regret that we could not baptize them, but we rejoice by seeing them worshipping the Lord. Let us pray for this baby church blooming in the land of apple orchards at Raison! And also pray for those, who believed, but have backslidden. May the Lord restore them again in the faith!

All glory to God alone!

{I (Tek Bahadur Khatri ) and Reena Devi Khatri along with  our both Children (Priscilla and Prateek), who were born in this place, visited the Raison Fellowship, which God enabled us to plant, on 25th March, 2019 and share the WORD of God. I have shared my past experience which became fresh when we walked the road, saw the house we stayed and met the people who were our neighbors.}



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bindi and Tilak – A Biblical Response

My Hope in CHRIST!

Ministry Among Asomiya Gurkhalis