My Hope in CHRIST!




“… Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, and you are mine.” (Isaiah 43:1)



I am Reena Devi Khatri from Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. I was born and brought up in a Hindu family. My aunty Mrs. Prem Devi, who worked in Manali Mission Hospital till her retirement, is the first believer in our family. She used to come to us and to share about Jesus Christ. While I was 12 years old, I began to attend a house fellowship which was being conducted in nearby our village in Patlikulha. But my father opposed me to go there. That’s why I faced opposition even from my relatives.  I used to go fellowship for Sunday service without telling to my family. Today whenever I look at back, I surprised that how I was able to stand firm during my teenage. I thank God for HIS abounding grace and extravagant love towards me. While I was studying in 10th Class, I came in the touch with two sisters – Miss Esther and Beulah Abraham, who are working as missionary teacher in Manali Mission School. They both used to conduct Sunday school in my village. They both taught me the Word of God and shared the Gospel. Gradually I grew in the grace and knowledge of Lord Jesus Christ. I realized the need of God’s forgiveness. I decided to follow Christ, therefore I told to my parents about my decision. After knowing it, my father got angry on me and he restricted me to go and meet to Christians. As I decided to follow Christ, I used to get bad evil attack from time to time because my family god also got angry on me. Because of these evil attacks, I couldn’t pass 12th Class. But I never stop to pray and to go secretly for Sunday service.

Believers began to pray for me and for deliverance from evil attack. In September 2004, the Lord gave me deliverance from all evil attacks. Then I surrendered my life fully to God and HIS service. The opposition from parents and relatives was still going on, but the Lord protected me all kinds of harm. In March 2010, my father became sick and there was no hope for him to survive. All doctors in Manali Mission Hospital left the hope for him, but Dr. Philip told him, “Whatever possible we can do, we have done and it is not working. But if you want we can pray and God will surely heal you that you may live long.” After hearing it, my father agreed and all staffs prayed for him; and miraculously God healed him. After returning home, although he didn’t live as a Christian, but he had no dare to stop me for going Sunday service. That day onwards I was free to go and worship my Lord.

After deliverance, I had desired to serve the Lord, but my parents never allowed me to go for training or ministry. Now my family and relatives began to bring marriage proposals to me. I refused every proposal because I wanted to marry a man who would serve the Lord. I began to pray for my life partners as my mentors – Miss Esther and Beulah guided me. In HIS sovereignty and after many years of waiting in the prayers, my cousin Mrs. Meera, my aunty Mrs. Prema and my mentors – Mrs. Esther and Beulah brought the proposal of Mr. Tekson who was serving the Lord in Kullu through IEM. 

I kept this matter in my prayer for one month and seek the guidance of God to decide. Finally on 5th September 2010, I met Mr. Tekson in the presence of IEM’s missionaries, of church believers and of my family. We both decided to marry; and on 24 September 2010, we had engagement ceremony in Christ Church, Kullu. On 13th November, 2010 we got married. After marriage, I began to serve the Lord along with my husband. At present, I am serving the Lord in Assam along with my husband and two children.  

There were ups and downs in my life as I was growing in the Lord, but the promise of God (Is. 43:1) had been source of my strength. It gave me hope while it seemed there was no hope.

All glory to God alone!   

Comments

Praise God. May God bless you and your family. Happy Birthday

Popular posts from this blog

Bindi and Tilak – A Biblical Response

Ministry Among Asomiya Gurkhalis